Friday, September 4, 2009

Time to blog again... woohoo!!

I was letting this blogging thing take over my world, and now that I've had a break, I'm ready to be not so "obsessed" with it.

Lets see Lets see... my biggest news? I started my own business selling Pampered Chef! I signed up 5 days ago, and I get my new consultant kit in the mail tomorrow, yaaay! If anyone wants to throw a party or a catalog party, let me know... or if you just want to order stuff, or if you are interested in being a consultant, I can definitely give you some more information!! I am having my Grand Opening Party on Sept. 11 at 7 p.m. If you are in/around the Tampa area and want to come, let me know!!! All the money I make is going to go straight towards our debt! I'm hoping to earn $1000 a month which would mean I would need to book 8 shows a month, which is a large order. I'm going to start with a goal of 4, and go up one a month from there. Wish me luck!

I have also been really active on meetup.com. I've gotten to meet some people and am really happy with it :). I am even an assistant organizer in one of the groups, and I'm in a couple others. It is keeping Charlotte and me busy... and its GREAT to be able to get out and now Charlotte is walking all over the place and loving to play with her friends. There are even a few that she really knows, its so cute to see!

We had an alumni meeting thing in the beginning of August. It was a student kick-off event where one student (from Florida) attended... going to school in Missouri, so there weren't a whole lot of them. But Phil and I are activity chairs and I organized the event. I think its time to get planning on another event too, bowling anyone?

Charlotte weaned, she just quit one day and that was that. And I'm 99% sure it wasn't a nursing strike because she has still has no interest in it and just refuses to open up, lol.

I haven't eaten meat in forever either. I don't know if I was COMPLETELY vegetarian last time I wrote about it, but I am now and it feels great! Honestly, I don't even miss it. We are even doing soy milk for Phil and myself and cooking etc. However, cheese is a hard one to give up. And we do organic eggs. Its so sad that the Whole Foods is about 30 minutes from here. I wish there were more. Trying to find some good stuff at regular grocery stores is proving harder and harder.

I'm sure there is a bizillion more things, but this is all for now :).

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It's so good to see that you're back.

    Also, have you tried looking on craigslist for local/organic eggs? I was surprised how many people listed them and they sell them for about $3/dozen, which is still less than what you can buy them for at Kroger (at least here). Some you have to drive a little bit, but it's nice knowing that they're from so close. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking about it.

    It's great that Phil is on board with you guys cutting meat out of your diet! Yay for being veg!

    ReplyDelete