Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week One-Done!

I finished my first week of the Couch to 5k program!! I also had a couple other workouts in there!! I'm really happy to be finally exercising, which also gives me some time to myself! Tomorrow I'm going to weigh myself again, I'm really hoping to have lost some weight. I'm trying really hard to watch what I eat on top of exercising.

So, I must brag, but I have the best baby ever. After a couple weeks of fussing fussing fussing, she didn't hardly fuss yesterday. Then this morning, when she got tired. She crawled into her bedroom, and stood by her crib trying to get in. She was ready for her nap!! It was super cute.

Yesterday I discovered that Ross's, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls were all within about 5 minutes of each other. We hit up all three, but I am so surprised at how expensive TJ Maxx can be!! I don't want to pay $20 for a pair of shorts and t-shirt for baby clothes. I did find a couple deals at Ross's. An outfit for Charlotte and a couple of pairs of dress pants for Phil. They were $60 and $65 originally and I got them for $10 and $15... and nothings wrong with them, I love that store!!

Last night I finished a book called Predictably Irrational: The hidden forces that shape our decisions by Dan Ariely. It was really interesting. It discusses why people make irrational decisions (not what we think we would decide), and yet they are predictable. He classifies his work as "behavorial economics," but don't let that deter you, it is an easy read and not filled with economic jargon. He has an interesting view on life, and I'd have to agree that he's on track. Let me know if you read it and what you think! I'm now off to start The Post American World by: Fareed Zakaria.

It seems that I always think of so many things to write about, but when I actually sit down to write, I can't think of anything worthwhile.

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear that the first week went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna ~ Congrats on finishing the first week of Couch to 5K! I loved this program; never thought I could run for 30 minutes straight before! :) And thanks for leaving a comment over on my blog. You are right, we have a LOT in common! How long have you been in Brandon? We are actually closer to Brandon than Tampa. But since everyone recognizes Tampa, that's where I say we're from. :) And way to go on finding all the stores. Shoot, I still don't even know where TJ Maxx is and I've been here a year now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new tv! And what a deal on the clothes. The book sounds interesting and I am going to check my library for it. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete