Monday, February 2, 2009

867-5309


Anyone remember that song with the phone number 8675309? I think its something that is going to be forever in my memory. If I went into coma and forgot all phone numbers, I think that would be the first one I remembered.

While looking for some interesting news, not Superbowl related (I already have something for that one), I came across this article on CNN. Someone actually has that phone number and is now going to sell it, on ebay. Ebay never ceases to amaze me, from Cheetos shaped like different figures selling for thousands of dollars, to this. Technically, its illegal to sell a phone number, so he is selling his DJ business with the number... as a way around the law. Pretty smart if you ask me. Honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't done it earlier... or anyone else for that matter.

The phone number even scored him a girlfriend for a while, who is now good friend. And now, he's hoping that it'll give him about $40,000. Boy do I wish I had that number for $40k. I'm sure we could all use it right now! The bid currently stands at $6001.00 with the reserve not met.

Anyone have any good ideas of what I can sell for $40,000?

No comments:

Post a Comment