Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday!!

Its Super Bowl Sunday! Anyone do anything interesting today? We just stayed at home and made a sub, it was yummy! I did a mystery shop at a grocery store, so I got $10 of free groceries and I HAD to buy lunch meat... oh darn... so we had a sub with two kinds of cheese and four kinds of meat... yummm! Oh and some BBQ chips, fruit and peanut butter fingers.

I was rooting for the Steelers, basically because thats who my parents grew up rooting for, so I'm following their lead. I hope they win.... there's about 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter as I'm writing.

So do you all have a favorite super bowl commercial? I missed the first few because I was stupid and signed up for some shops to make sure all of the signage was working at fast food restaurants. I didn't miss much though. I'm not sure which was my favorite. I saw a lot of funny ones though.

So, I saw a Denny's commercial and they are giving away a FREE Grand Slam... no strings attached, I'm not sure which day though. Of course, I went straight to the website and it had crashed... imagine that. I wonder how many people are sitting here on their laptop, watching the superbowl, and went straight for their website. I'd be interested to hear the results. Or even how many people google'd it in the 30 seconds after the commercial aired. I think its been about 10 minutes, and I still can't get it to go through. Someone at Denny's didn't think that one through. The only thing I can get is "Enjoy a Free Grand Slam" on my browser window.

Charlotte is getting stronger and stronger. She's standing really well while holding onto something, and she can pull herself up if she holds onto us, but we don't have anything the right height for her to pull up on, she tries though. Phil's mom told me he walked at 9 months, so it looks like she might be taking after him... not me (I walked at 13 months). Even if she took the average, 11 months, thats still a little early!!

The Denny's site still isn't up... it'll load like one picture. I hope its up before I forget about it, then its going on my new trusty calander!

ETA: When looking at Wikipedia's website, someone has added the following about the free Grand Slam... "Denny's had a commercial during the third quarter of the Superbowl. At the end of the commercial, Denny's announced a "free Grand Slam for everyone in America" on February 3rd from 6am - 2pm. Following the ad, the Denny's website was unreachable due to the number of hits. This was the most hits Denny's website has received in recorded history known to man."

No comments:

Post a Comment