Saturday, February 14, 2009

If only it FELT like the weekend...

I went to my first MOPS meeting yesterday, it was fun. It was nice to hang out with other mothers of preschoolers and have some time without the baby, and not have to worry about her. I'm definitely going back. This MOPS meeting was spa day, what a great time to go! I got a facial and my nails painted. They even had a chocolate fountain with a lot of stuff to dip (including marshmallows, my favorite!) And I just sat and read a magazine for a while. I also met and talked with a lot of nice women and saw one person I met at my meet-up last weekend (at Rainforest Cafe). I don't know what the normal schedule is, but I think it'll be nice to be able to get together with other people. Next week they're doing something on Women's Health. That should be interesting!!

MOPS also has get-togethers during the week. On Monday they have a Mom's Night Out, for board games etc. I wish I could go, but I don't think Phil will be back in time. And they also have a playdate at some point before the next meeting.

Anyone doing anything interesting for Valentine's Day? We're not really. We got some stuffed steaks at Aldi's a few days ago (prepackaged) and were going to have them for dinner, but I have some left over chicken that needs eaten, so I think I'm going to make into fajitas instead. We'll save the steaks for another night. Mom and Dad sent us some money to go eat (THANK YOU!) and we're going to save it for the next time Phil has a day off, and hopefully Natalie can watch the baby and we can have a date!

These long days are starting to get to me, and it hasn't even been a week. Phil leaves at 5:45 and comes back around 7 if we're lucky. I feel for Charlotte too, she hardly gets to see her daddy. I don't think it would be so bad if he had weekends off, but he doesn't so it doesn't really even feel like a weekend. Its going to be a long 8ish weeks. I asked him to ask about the "finish" date, so that I have something to look forward too. Hopefully he can do that Monday. At least a job is a job....

No comments:

Post a Comment