Monday, February 9, 2009

Update on New Years Resolutions...

Since I started the blog as a New Years Resolution, I thought I'd update everyone on the progress of the resolutions I made.

Obviously, the blog has been going well. I think there was one week where I waited exactly a week between posts, but for the most part I've been posting at least every few days. I have found that sometimes I feel like nothing is really going on, and I don't have anything to write about, but I still write, and usually something interesting happens within a few days. Hopefully I'm not too boring! I've even started a second blog about our journey to financial freedom and I'm loving the blogging world. There is so much out here and so many cool people. Its hard to imagine I've lived so long without it! Even though I've only been blogging for 40 days, I'm learning so much, I can't wait to learn even more.

Exercising three times a week... we all know how that one is turning out, not well! I did do well on Wii fit for a while, then I got sick and didn't exercise a week. Now, I'm afraid to weigh myself on it, and I won't do it. We need to weigh Charlotte, so maybe I'll start again. I did walk 2 miles yesterday. They have a paved trail thing by a river and it starts like a minute from our house (its right over the dam). Once Charlotte wakes up, we're going to go for another walk, its so nice out today.

Portion sizes, I think that we're doing a lot better. I'm usually only eating one sweet a day (unless we have something really really good), and it feels good to do that. I'm also concentrating really hard on cooking the right amount of food for two people, or if I cook for 4, we either have people over or make sure there are leftovers. Of course we don't succeed at every meal, but we're doing better than we were, progress is always good. I've also started making a menu, and that really seems to help. I used to and then I got sick of it, but now I'm doing it again. I'm also trying to make sure we have a lot of fruits and veggies with every meal, and less of the bad stuff. I really wish we could afford all natural and organic stuff, but that's not happening right now, so I'll make due with what we have.

The last was brushing my teeth, well. I am finally brushing twice a day again (its hard to remember when you don't have anywhere to go like work or school), and about 1/2 the time I'm brushing well. Usually its at night. I think in a few more months I'll start flossing.... maybe.

And one more that I didn't really list before, but I think is a resolution, is to become DEBT FREE!! We're working really hard on it and doing pretty well. Its not something that we can do overnight, but we've definitely changed our lifestyle and are doing a lot more with the money we have than I ever thought possible. Oh and we're not going any further into debt! Hopefully it won't take more than a couple of years to get debt free... then we get our emergency fund, then save for a HOUSE!!! I can't wait until we can purchase a house, thats my driving force right now, a yard for the dogs to run in, a place for Charlotte to play, and not so much boom boom music through the neighborhood (I can hope, right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment